Thursday, July 8, 2010

Chicken Piccata

This is another great way to prepare those boneless chicken breast you're always looking for a new way to prepare!

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 egg beaten
1 c. milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/2 stick butter

Cut each breast into two slices. Pound each slice on both sides to make tender - I skipped this step here. Sometimes I do it and sometimes I don't. To me the chicken taste great either way. If you do not have something already, this tenderizer from Pampared Chef is a great one. The round disk at the bottom unscrews and flips, allowing you to tenderize on one side and flatten on the other side.

Salt and pepper to taste. Dip in milk, dip in egg, and dip in seasoned bread crumbs.
These dipping trays are also from Papared Chef and I really like them.
Melt butter in hot skillet and place seasoned chicken in butter to brown on both sides until golden brown, but not cooked through. Just 2-4 minutes on each side.
Place in a 9x13 pan or on stoneware (again, I like my Pampared Chef!). Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil the last few minutes to allow to crisp a bit.
For more great recipes, visit Foodie Friday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays!

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite dishes...but I add a sauce...lemon juice from 1 lemon, white wine in the drippings...allow to thicken, adding more wine if needed. Toss in some capers and serve with white rice. We had this just last night...and my husband raved and raved...and had the leftovers for lunch today. Mmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. This is really bad to be looking at Foodie Fridays late at night.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin