Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday - Geese

I haven't been blogging lately because we've been so busy with things, so these are from this past March. They were taken at my parents but I never got around to posting them. My dad built this nest on his pond about 3 years ago, but geese had never used it until this year. A couple took up residency at my parents this year and the female nested in the half barrel my dad created. You can just see her peaking her head up here...
Her male partner was never far. You can see him near the nest in this picture.
She hatched six geese and five survived being little. I wasn't able to get pictures of them after they hatched. We've only been home once since then and they were only on the pond in the very early morning and I wasn't able to get pictures. In addition to this family, another family shortly after joined them with three babies and another family came about 4 weeks ago. They just left the pond this week and over the past month my parents have had 21 geese in total on the pond. I'm sad that I wasn't able to go home and get pictures.


See more great Outdoor shots at Outdoor Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Dad you have to make the gesses nests. I love watching the birds in my yard and it is so hard to get good pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really neat! So fun for your parents to watch all of this happen!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin